We're pleased to announce the release of Python Tools for Visual Studio 1.5 RTM - http://pytools.codeplex.com/releases/view/82132. Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for Visual Studio which supports programming with the Python language. PTVS supports a broad range of features including CPython/IronPython, Edit/Intellisense/Debug/Profile, Cloud, HPC, IPython, etc. support. For a quick overview of the general IDE experience, please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoGsSlrxKk
There are a number of exciting improvement in this release compared to 1.1, all based on your feedback & suggestions. Here's a summary:
* VS2012 support
* Django Project, Edit, Intellisense, Template debugging support: - YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLti4KlgAY
* A Live Debug REPL - YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erNx2NLu-t4&hd=1
* "Parallel Stack" View and "Parallel Watch" windows for threaded code support - YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRs4r-cQfjE
* Project load time improvements
* PyKinect: Kinect SDK 1.5 support
* New "New Project from Existing Code!"
* Improved Intellisense (iterator, PyQt, ...)
* Python 3.3 language support
* Python is now a 1st class language on Azure! See: https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/python/
* Azure Python Client Libraries for Windows, MacOS and Linux (not a typo). See https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-for-python ;
o On PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/azure/
o On GitHub: https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-for-python
* New in 1.5 RTM: Azure Python Client Lib support for System Management API's. - YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDvqNP_Ja5s
* IPython on Azure: A Python IDE in the browser, backed by a Windows or Linux VM. See: https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/python/tutorials/ipython-notebook...
* Azure: new WFastCGI for Azure/IIS
* Azure "Web Sites" Python Framework support: Django, Flask, Bottle, Web2Py, ... support <<LINK>>
There were over 100 fixes/improvements in this release compared to 1.1. Here's a link to the list of changes: http://bit.ly/PTVS15RTMBugs
We'd like to thank the following people who took the time to report the issues and feedback for this release (in reverse chronological order):
RC: Tmaslach, odwalla, jrade, michiya, timeisparallax, tachiorz, sourbox, tramsay, bahrep, lqbest127, hyh, mrpy, boomer_74, BigFreakinGobot, AngeloBast, ajp, mahpour, cecilphillip, dhabersat. Beta: ajp, Anna0311, golubdr, hjyh, hyh, mahpour, tramsay, and zooba. Alpha: Anna0311, golubdr, hjyh, tramsay, zooba.