This week saw the launch of Bruce Perens's Technocrat.net. This is one of the highest profile Zope sites to date. Butch Landingin's Squishdot product for Zope is a big part of what makes the site tick. Way to go Bruce and Butch!
Another major thread on the Zope lists this week was e-commerce. Scott Robertson released a credit card processing product for Zope, and there was a lot of discussion about existing Zope e-commerce packages and where to go from here.
Finally, activity continues at a fairly intense rate in CVS as preparations for beta two are made. And thanks to David Ascher, you can now easily download snapshots of the Zope development tree.
* Bruce Perens's new technology policy site, Technocrat.net made a big splash this week. Bruce Perens is a major open source figure, and his new site runs on Zope using the Squishdot product.
* Zope showed up on Slashdot again in an Ask Slashdot article.
* Scott Robertson announced a Cyber Cash Connector for Zope. This allows you to conduct credit card transactions. A long discussion of e-commerce and Zope followed on the zope-dev list.
* Chris Petrilli announced a Database Adapter status page.
* Paul Everitt posted a note showing the growth of interest in Zope as evidenced by the number of hits on Zope.org and the number of subscribers to the Zope mailing lists.
* Chris Petrilli announced the availability of slides used in a Zope training.
* Chris Petrilli posted a Database adapter roadmap.
* Paul Everitt posted an announcement about Zope/Python activities at the upcoming O'Reilly Open Source Software Convention.
* Michel Pelletier announced ZSybaseDA 1.0.1, a Database Adapter for Sybase.
* Steve Spicklemire announced Zieve, Z-subclassable class that assists in sorting ZClasses in various ways.
* Brian Lloyd responded to a question about Pluggable Brains with an informative post illuminating this powerful and under-documented feature.
* Python guru David Ascher set up a nightly CVS snapshot archive for a couple major Python projects including Zope. This allows you to get access to the latest sources from CVS without using CVS.
Keep on Zopin!
== Amos Latteier mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com