Zope 2.1 beta one was released this week. There will probably be a relatively short beta period before Zope 2.1 final comes out. Zope 2.1 focuses on boosting reliability and performance.
In other news, Zope community members continue to crank out code, documentation, publicity, and all manner of excitement.
* Zope 2.1.0 beta 1 was released. This release includes many bug fixes, performance and reliability improvements and a number of new features such as the beginnings of internationalization support and relevance ranking for ZCatalog.
* Paul Everitt announced that there will be a Zope track at the upcoming Python conference in January. There are still two slots open if you're interesting in giving a Zope presentation.
* Simon Michael announced ZWiki 0.2, a Wiki-style on-line collaborative tool.
* Pavlos Christoforou released ZpdfDocument-0-0-1, a Zope product to create PDF output from structured text and HTML. Very cool!
* Edd Dumbill announced SiteSummary 1.2.1, which allows you to manage RSS channels within Zope.
* Zope guru Martijn Pieters posted a summary of his Zope talk at NLUUG, the Dutch UNIX Users Group. Interesting stuff.
* Evan Simpson enhanced his awesome Python Method product which allows you manage Python methods though the web.
* Paul Everitt posted an interesting summary of what it would take to get GNOME talking to Zope.
* Itamar Shtull-Trauring announced ZCache Product v0.1 which allows caching of Zope method calls. This looks like a very interesting start at addressing caching issues in Zope.
* Linux.com is now running a Zope banner ad created by Michael Bernstein. Linux.com hosts banner ads for a number of Linux community projects.
* Alexandre Ratti posted an extensive How-To on creating and using HTML selection lists in Zope.
* Doug Hellmann released Chameleon 0.1.0, a Zope product which allows content to be themed.
* Jon Udell mentioned Zope again on Byte.com, this time in a column on Linux and ODBC.
See you next week.
== Amos Latteier mailto:email@example.com Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com