Announcing wxPython 4.0.7 =========================
This release is comprised mostly of fixes and minor features which have been back-ported from the master branch. This release is likely the last release of the 4.0.x release series, and is certainly the last 4.0.x release that will support Python 2.7. It may still continue to build for Python 2.7 for some time, but no extra effort will be expended to keep it compatible.
Support for building for Python 3.8 has been added, as well as 3.8 binaries on PyPI for Windows and MacOS.
This release provides the following changes:
* Bug fixes in wx.lib.calendar: key navigation across month boundaries is now possible; key navigation now sets the date and fires the EVT_CALENDAR event; setter APIs now set the date correctly (#1230).
* Switch to using a wx.Overlay in the Widget Inspection Tool to highlight widgets when running on a GTK3 port.
* Fixed issue in wx.lib.agw.customtreectrl where label editor could remain stuck forever (#1235).
* Fix a sometimes crash when using a wx.Overlay by letting the wx.DCOverlay hold a reference to the DC, to ensure that the DCOverlay is destroyed first. (PR#1301)
* Ported the embedding sample from Classic, which shows how to use wxPython from a C++ wxWidgets application that embeds Python. (PR #1353)
* Fixed wx.GetApp() to use wxWidgets' global wxApp instance instead of maintaining its own pointer. This way, if the wxApp is created by C++ code wxPython will still be able to get access to it. (#1126)
* Several other PRs have been backported from the master branch (which will become wxPython 4.1.0), the full list can be seen here: https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/pull/1357