I'm happy to announce release 0.69.2 of Task Coach. This is primarily a bug fix
- Tasks created via the context menu of the category view now
automatically belong to the selected category.
- Update task status and colors at midnight.
- Exception when starting Task Coach ("AttributeError: 'CategoryList'
object has no attribute 'EventTypePrefix'").
- Exception when reopening a closed viewer (with the message
"ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'effortperdayviewer1'" in
the log file).
- Exception when resetting all filters in the task tree viewer (with
the message "No option 'hidecompositetasks' in section:
'tasktreelistview'" in the log file).
- Don't take the priority of completed subtasks into account when
calculating the overall priority of a task.
- It was not clear that backup files can be opened in Task Coach.
Backup files now have the extension '.tsk.bak'. The file open dialog
has '*.tsk.bak' as selectable file type to make it easier to open
- Exception when opening the task menu while the toolbar is hidden.
- Task Coach now suggests a reminder date, based on the due date or
start date of a task.
- Added a complete Norwegion Bokmal translation thanks to Amund
Amundsen and incomplete Galician, Korean and Romanian translations.
What is Task Coach?
Task Coach is a simple task manager that allows for hierarchical
tasks, i.e. tasks in tasks. Task Coach is open source (GPL) and is
developed using Python and wxPython. You can download Task Coach from:
In addition to the source distribution, packaged distributions are
available for Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux (Debian and RPM format).
Note that Task Coach is alpha software, meaning that it is wise to back
up your task file regularly, and especially when upgrading to a new release.