new devpi releases (2.6.0) with pip-search/offline mode support
This trinity release of devpi, the private packaging and workflow system, is drop-in compatible to earlier releases and comes with these improvements:
- support for pip search on the server side which is also configured when "devpi use" writes to pip configuration files.
- explicit --offline-mode for devpi-server to avoid trying unneccessary and potentially laggy network requests and to streamline simple pages to only contain releases that are locally cached. thanks Daniel Panteleit for the PR.
- push from root/pypi to other indexes works now.
Docs are to be found as usual at:
This release brought to you mainly by Florian Schulze and me and a few still unnamed sponsoring companies. Speaking of which, if you need support, training, adjustments wrt packaging and professional testing you may contact us through http://merlinux.eu.
You can also expect devpi-server-3.0 soon, a major new release which is to bring improvements like generalized mirroring, storage backends, speed and internal code cleanups.
devpi-server-2.6.0 (2016-1-29) ------------------------------
- fix issue262: new experimental option --offline-mode will prevent devpi-server from even trying to perform network requests and it also strip all non-local release files from the simple index. Thanks Daniel Panteleit for the PR.
- fix issue304: mark devpi-server versions older than 2.2.x as incompatible and requiring an import/export cycle.
- fix issue296: try to fetch files from master again when requested, if there were checksum errors during replication.
- if a user can't be found during authentication (with ``setup.py upload`` for example), then the http return code is now 401 instead of 404.
- fix issue293: push from root/pypi to another index is now supported
- fix issue265: ignore HTTP(S) proxies when checking if the server is already running.
- Add ``content_type`` route predicate for use by plugins.
devpi-web-2.6.0 (2016-1-29) ---------------------------
- fix issue305: read documentation html files in binary and let BeautifulSoup detect the encoding.
- require devpi-server >= 2.6.0
- support for ``pip search`` command on indexes
devpi-client-2.4.0 (2016-1-29) ------------------------------
- fix issue291: transfer file modes with vcs exports. Thanks Sergey Vasilyev for the report.
- new option "--index" for "install", "list", "push", "remove", "upload" and "test" which allows to use a different than the current index without using "devpi use" before
- set ``index`` in ``[search]`` section of ``pip.cfg`` when writing cfgs, to support ``pip search``