**py2exe 0.5.2** released =========================
py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, windows NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
This is a bugfix release.
* Print a message explaining what's going on whan a service exe is started from the command line.
* py2exe did build invalid version resources, they didn't show up correctly on Win98 at least. Patch by Roger Upole.
* Fix a buffer overflow in the C code. Patch by Ralf Sieger, closes bug item #893310
* py2exe now (again) has a builtin list of dlls which should never be distributed
* Patch sys.winver in the distributed pythonXY.dll, so that there is no possibility of conflicts with existing distributions and the registry keys found there. Patch by Mark Hammond.
* Fix several problems when an exception in a 'windows' exe occurs.
* Include a workaround for unbounded recursion in modulefinder when Jason Jorendorff's path module is installed See also http://python.org/sf/876278
* Fix problems when package_dir is set in the setup script, see http://tinyurl.com/yuc5l
* py2exe can now be built from the sources with mingw32
* py2exe does now handle precompile .pyo and .pyc files (patch by Shane Holloway)
* Fix a problem when the exe's directory contains single quotes
* Register service dependencies when installing a service
* Return an exit code of 255 from the exe when there's an uncatched exception running the main script.
* Print a warning instead of failing to build with weird version numbers. Suggested by Cory Dodt.
Download from the usual location: