what is it
A Python package to parse and build CSS Cascading Style Sheets. Partly
implements the DOM Level 2 Stylesheets and DOM Level 2 CSS interfaces.
changes since the last full release
- complete rewrite of parser since 0.9
- customizable serializer
- lots of other stuff
- CSSStyleDeclaration.getCSSValue and Value Classes are not implemented.
These may be implemented in one of the next releases (0.91 or following)
- @page rules is disabled (Unknown Rule will be used currently)
- @charset not implemented according to spec (planed for 0.91)
- CSS escape sequences do not work properly
- Unexpected end of style sheet not handled according to spec
- Properties are not bound to any CSS Version, so all properties are
NOT as described in
(A future version might be customizable to a specific CSS version like
1.0 or 2.1)
- Property.value is only checked for valid CSS2 properties, so will
accept more than allowed. In case of an error a WARNING is issued only
cssutils is published under the LGPL.
download cssutils 0.9a6 - 061029 from http://cthedot.de/cssutils/ or
from PyPi (which is currently down so the newest version is not
This is still an alpha release but much better than any older version.
Any bug report is welcome.
- Python 2.3 (tested with Python 2.5 on Windows XP and Python 2.4 on
comments appreciated, thanks!