We're glad to announce the release of fades 9.0.
fades is a system that automatically handles the virtualenvs in the cases normally found when writing scripts and simple programs, and even helps to administer big projects.
It will automagically create a new virtualenv (or reuse a previous created one), installing the necessary dependencies, and execute your script inside that virtualenv.
You only need to execute the script with fades (instead of Python) and also mark the required dependencies. More details here:
What's new in this release?
- Get pip automatically upgraded to latest version on each virtualenv creation (unless explicitly avoided)
- Provides the --freeze parameter, which dumps the detailed package information of the virtualenv, to duplicate future installations.
- The -x/--exec parameter behaviour is extended/normalized to support arbitrary paths.
- Has the --autoimport parameter to automatically import the dependencies to the interactive interpreter
- Added more examples and descriptions to the documentation
- Improved argument parsing when fades is used in the shebang
- Worked on infrastructure: better testing, multiplatform installation support, etc.
Nicolás and I want to say a big thank you to the following collaborators that helped to improve and enhance fades in different ways for this version (in alphabetical order):
Alejandro Dau -https://github.com/alejandrodau Carlos Joel -https://github.com/c0x6a Diego Mascialino - https://github.com/dmascialino Eduardo Enriquez - https://github.com/eduzen Iñaki Malerba - https://github.com/inakimalerba
To install and enjoy fades...
- If you are in Ubuntu or Debian, you can easily install like this (but probably won't get *latest* fades:
sudo apt-get install fades
- For not latest debian/ubuntu you have a .deb here (with its Debian source file):
- Install it in Arch is very simple:
yaourt -S fades
- In any Linux if you have the Snap system:
snap install fades
- Using pip if you want:
pip3 install fades
- You can always get the multiplatform tarball and install it in the old fashion way:
wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fades/fades_9.0.1.orig.tar.gz tar -xf fades_*.tar.gz cd fades-* sudo ./setup.py install
Help / questions:
- You can ask any question or send any recommendation or request in the Telegram group:
- Also, you can open an issue here (please do if you find any problem!).
- The project itself is in
It's very easy to run latest development version:
git clone https://github.com/PyAr/fades.git cd fades bin/fades
Thanks in advance for your time!