Pydev 2.2.0 has been released
Release Highlights: -------------------------------
* Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) is now supported.
**Break on Exceptions**
* It's now possible to **break on caught exceptions** in the debugger. * There's an UI to break on caught or uncaught exceptions (menu: Run
Manage Python Exception Breakpoints).
* UI improved (now only uses SWT -- access through F4 with the cursor over a class).
* PyDev now supports PyPy (can be configured as a regular Python interpreter).
* Django configuration in project properties page (improved UI for configuration of the django manage.py and django settings module). * Improved support for debugging Django with autoreload. Details at: http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html#django-remote-debugging-wit...
* Fixed issue where a resolution of a token did not properly consider a try..except ImportError (always went for the first match). * Fixed issue with relative import with wildcards. * Fixed issue with relative import with alias. * Fixed issue where binary files would be wrongly parsed (ended up generating errors in the error log).
* Improved sorting of proposals (__*__ come at last)
* Improved ctrl+1 quick fix with local import. * Fixed issue running with py.test. * PyDev test runner working properly with unittest2. * Fixed compatibility issue with eclipse 3.2. * No longer sorting libraries when adding interpreter/added option to select all not in workspace. * Fixed deadlock in the debugger when dealing with multiple threads. * Fixed debugger issue (dictionary changing size during thread creation/removal on python 3.x).
What is PyDev? ---------------------------
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python, Jython and IronPython development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE -- It comes with many goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax analysis, refactor, debug and many others.