Vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused code in Python programs. This is useful for
cleaning up and finding errors in large code bases. If you run Vulture
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like Vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, Vulture can be a
very helpful tool for higher code quality.
- fast: uses static code analysis
- tested: tests itself and has complete test coverage
- complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
- sorts unused classes and functions by size with
- supports Python 2.7 and Python 3.5+
- Ignore unused import statements in
__init__.py (RJ722, #192).
- Report first decorator's line number for unused decorated objects on
Python 3.8+ (RJ722, #200).
- Check code with black and pyupgrade.