With help from Jens Vagelpohl, I'm pleased to announce a new release of Mailinglogger that now supports filtering of log entries...
Mailinglogger enables log entries to be emailed either as the entries are logged or as a summary at the end of the running process.
This pair of enhanced emailing handlers for the python logging framework is now available as a standard python package and as an egg.
The handlers have the following features:
- customisable and dynamic subject lines for emails sent
- emails sent with an X-Mailer header for easy filtering
- flood protection to ensure the number of emails sent is not excessive
- support for SMTP servers that require authentication
- fully documented and tested
In addition, extra support is provided for configuring the handlers when using ZConfig, Zope 2 or Zope 3.
Installation is as easy as:
For more information, please see: http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/mailinglogger