Linux Desktop Testing Project is aimed at producing high quality test automation framework. It uses the "Accessibility" libraries to poke through the application's user interface. Thanks to Sun and Accessibility team.
Whats new in this release:
* Testing Applications in localized languages using LDTP ('Nagappan' & 'Premkumar') The wait is over! Languages are no barriers for testing applications any more! We are proud to announce the localization support available with this release of LDTP which no other F/OSS test automation tool has ever provided till date. This version of LDTP lets you test applications in localized languages. The best part being not necessary to rewrite scripts for testing applications running in localized languages. Use existing script, follow the simple steps provided in the README file (Localization support section) and you have LDTP testing your application!! The current version of LDTP does not include testing of rendering of localized strings. Thanks to Karunakar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for helping us complete this work successfully.
* New component functions: + 'sortcolumnindex' and 'sortcolumn' for table/tree-table objects. ('Shaheed') + 'getwindowlist' and 'getcomponentlist' ('Premkumar') + 'bindtext', 'getobjectinfo' and 'getobjectproperties' ('Nagappan')
* Major Bug Fixes: + Proper error messages have been updated for easy debugging ('Nagappan') + 'selectrow' to select row based on number of matchings ('Shaheed') + 'doesrowexist' now performs an exact match ('Shaheed') + Crasher bug in menu.c relating to menu items has been fixed ('Nagappan') + Crasher bug in 'selectcalendardate' API has been fixed ('Premkumar')
* Automation scripts: + Evolution 2.5.1 automation scripts for the following scenarios have been updated. Thanks to Patrick (email@example.com), Haip (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nags (email@example.com), Premkumar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Shaheed (email@example.com) for their wonderful contribution.
- Compose mail with/without attachment - Copy/Delete/Move mail - Forward mail mail in different styles (Attachment/Inline/Quoted) - Search for mail based on - Subject or sender contains - Subject contains - Sender contains - Create/Rename/Delete mail folder - Create vfolder from message sender/message subject - Creating an user account
Following are the requirements for setting up LDTP + Python 2.3 or higher + Python Imaging Library + libstatgrab and pystatgrab [please use the development snapshot for libstatgrab which includes an important fix for a crasher bug]. You can download these libraries from http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ + Import utility of ImageMagick + gettext library (0.14 or higher). You can download it from http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html
You can download the latest version of LDTP from http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/Downloads
For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/