The 18.104.22.168 release of wxPython is now available for download at http://wxpython.org/download.php. This release includes a number of bug fixes, updates to some contribs and other improvements.
Source code is available, as well as binaries for both Python 2.4 and 2.5, for Windows and Mac, as well some pacakges for various Linux distributions. A summary of changes is listed below and also at http://wxpython.org/recentchanges.php.
What is wxPython? -----------------
wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language. It allows Python programmers to create programs with a robust, highly functional graphical user interface, simply and easily. It is implemented as a Python extension module that wraps the GUI components of the popular wxWidgets cross platform library, which is written in C++.
wxPython is a cross-platform toolkit. This means that the same program will usually run on multiple platforms without modifications. Currently supported platforms are 32-bit Microsoft Windows, most Linux or other Unix-like systems using GTK2, and Mac OS X 10.3+, in most cases the native widgets are used on each platform to provide a 100% native look and feel for the application.
Changes in 22.214.171.124 ------------------
wxGTK: Make wx.NO_BORDER style work with wx.RadioBox (patch 1525406)
Update to 1.0 of TreeMixin.
wx.lib.customtreectrl: Patch from Andrea that fixes the following problems/issues:
* ZeroDivisionError when using the Vista selection style and calling SelectItem; for some strange reason, sometimes the item rect is not initialized and that generates the ZeroDivisionError when painting the selection rectangle;
* Added a DeleteWindow method to GenericTreeItem class, for items that hold a widget next to them;
* Renamed CustomTreeCtrl method IsEnabled to IsItemEnabled, otherwise it conflicts with wx.Window.IsEnabled;
* Now CustomTreeCtrl behaves correctly when the widget attached to an item is narrower (in height) than the item text;
wx.lib.flatnotebook: Patch from Andrea that implements the following:
* A new style FNB_FF2: my intentions were to make it like Firefox 2, however it turned out to be an hybrid between wxAUI notebook glose style & FF2 ...I still think it looks OK. The main purpose for making it more like wxAUI is to allow applications that uses both to have same look and feel (or as close as it can get...);
* Changed the behavior of the left/right rotation arrows to rotate single tab at a time and not bulk of tabs;
* Updated the demo module.
XRCed now uses a wx.FileHistory object for managing the recent files menu.
wx.DateSpan and wx.TimeSpan now use lower case property names in order to not conflict with the same named static methods that already existed.
wx.aui.PyAuiDocArt and wx.aui.PyAuiTabArt can now be derived from in wxPython and plugged in to wx.AUI.
XRCed has a new experimental feature to add controls by draging icons from the tool palette to the test window. Mouse position is tracked to highlight the future parent of the new item.
Updates to MaskedEdit controls from Will Sadkin:
maskededit.py: Added parameter option stopFieldChangeIfInvalid, which can be used to relax the validation rules for a control, but make best efforts to stop navigation out of that field should its current value be invalid. Note: this does not prevent the value from remaining invalid if focus for the control is lost, via mousing etc.
numctrl.py, demo / MaskedNumCtrl.py: In response to user request, added limitOnFieldChange feature, so that out-of-bounds values can be temporarily added to the control, but should navigation be attempted out of an invalid field, it will not navigate, and if focus is lost on a control so limited with an invalid value, it will change the value to the nearest bound.
combobox.py: Added handler for EVT_COMBOBOX to address apparently inconsistent behavior of control when the dropdown control is used to do a selection.
textctrl.py Added support for ChangeValue() function, similar to that of the base control, added in wxPython 126.96.36.199.
Update to latest FloatCanvas from Chris Barker.
The pywxrc tool now properly supports generating classes for menus and menubars, and also creating attributes for menus, menubars and menu items.