Release news from http://pythonide.stani.be
This is an important a bugfix release for all platforms. As new features it can customize your fonts and colors (styles), supports interactive terminals and has improved support for Ubuntu.
Thanks to Marco Ferreira there will be very soon a debian package to install SPE easily and create an entry in the start menu on debian based linux distro's such as Ubuntu. I'm also in contact with Matthias Klose to make an updated SPE available with the Ubuntu Dapper Drake release.
- Configurable style editor for fonts and colors (Idle, ...) (Preferences>Editor>Configure styles) - Inspect interactively after running script in terminal (Tools>Run in terminal F9) - Debian installer for Ubuntu, Xandros, etc... by Marco Ferreira
- dot bug after ')' - prevent unsplitting by double clicking sidebar sash - tar.gz archive shrinked to 65% of its original size (only 833kb!) - Linux: fix for the Browser (tested on Ubuntu) - Linux: added firefox to webbrowser list and is default browser if present - Linux: run in terminal for konsole and gnome-terminal - Linux: sidebar fits better around it contents - Mac: sash is enlarged to 6 pixels - Mac: new feature: browser in sidebar (for wxPython 2.6.2+) - Linux & Mac: a lot of visual glitches are fixed - Windows: SPE shortcut in Windows start menu works again - Windows: Run in terminal input - Windows: NotebookCtrl fixed
- Installation: added section for Ubuntu and Debian systems. - Tutorial: the SPE tutorial has been completely rewritten by Dimitri to be up to date with the latest version (review and leave your comments at http://www.serpia.org/spe ...) - global revision
- Marco Ferreira (Debian installers)
These donators can request the pdf manual:
- Harry Miktarian (16.10 euro) - Amit Antebi (10 euro) - Steven Hepple (10 euro)
The development of SPE is driven by donations.
- See http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual2.html - For ubuntu: dpkg -i spe.deb (be sure to have pythonX.X-dev installed)
About SPE: SPE is a python IDE with auto-indentation, auto completion, call tips, syntax coloring, uml viewer, syntax highlighting, class explorer, source index, auto todo list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell, python file browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context help, ... Special is its blender support with a blender 3d object browser and its ability to run interactively inside blender. Spe integrates with XRCed (gui designer) and ships with wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker (source code doctor), Kiki (regular expression console) and WinPdb (remote, multi-threaded debugger).
The development of SPE is driven by its donations. Anyone who donates can ask for an nice pdf version of the manual without ads (74 pages).