What is cx_Logging?
cx_Logging is a Python extension module which operates in a fashion similar to the logging module that ships with Python 2.3 and higher. It also has a C interface which allows applications to perform logging independently of or in tandem with Python.
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for Python 3.x.
2) Added support for logging Unicode strings in Python 2.x.
3) Added support for setting the encoding to use for Unicode strings when starting logging and a Python method SetEncoding() for setting it afterwards and a Python method GetEncoding() to view the value currently being used.
4) Added C methods StartLoggingEx(), StartLoggingStderrEx(), StartLoggingStdoutEx(), StartLoggingExW() and StartLoggingForPythonThreadEx() which provide exception information to the caller and (if applicable) allow the specification of whether files are reused and rotated (see documentation for more information).
5) Added Python method SetExceptionInfo() which allows specification of the base exception class, a method for creating an instance of that class and a message that will be displayed prior to the logging of exceptions of that class.
6) The Python method LogException() now returns a configured exception if one was built or passed in directly.
7) Transformed documentation to new style used in Python 2.6 and higher and enhanced the contents.
8) Added support for compiling on 64-bit Windows.