Announcing Speedometer 2.8 --------------------------
Speedometer home page: http://excess.org/speedometer/
New in this release: ====================
- Added a linear scale option: -l. Best used in combination with -m (and possibly -n) to customize the range to be displayed. Thanks to jukie.net for sponsoring this feature.
- Replace silly "curved" reading with a weighted moving average
- New option to display all values in bits per second: -s
- New options to set minimum (-n) and maximum (-m) values displayed on the graphs in bytes/s. Defaults are -n 32 and -m 2**32
- Accept shortened versions of -rx and -tx: -r and -t My intent is to drop use of the original forms in 3.0 and add --long-versions of all options
- Use IEC notation of sizes MiB, GiB etc.
- Install script as both speedometer.py and speedometer
About Speedometer =================
Speedometer is a console bandwidth and file download progress monitor with a linear/logarithmic bandwidth display and a simple command-line interface.
Speedometer requires Urwid for full-console bar graph display. Urwid may be downloaded from: http://excess.org/urwid/
Speedometer is released under the GNU LGPL.