I would like to announce a new version of web2ldap, a full-featured
LDAPv2 client written in Python designed to run as a CGI-BIN under
the control of a WWW server.
It's available for free (GPL) from
There's a demo running on:
I would like to encourage people to give feedback about the
usability of this program.
Changes since 0.6.5:
- You might have guessed it: Bug hunting and code cleaning!
- Better support and example for CSS
Changes since 0.6.4:
- Implemented modrdn.
- Omnipresent button bar throughout the whole UI now
(including error messages).
- Direct input of LDIF data possible during adding
or modifying entries (e.g. for binary data).
- Display attributes of entry according to the schema categories
(required, allowed, not matching).
- Minor bugfixing and code cleaning.
Finally you insert your blinky-winky HTML design:
- Display entries with HTML template files depending on objectClass.
- HTML clean-up to be hopefully SGML-conformant (and friendly to
- Configuration parameters for complete <BODY> tag.
- ID params in important HTML tags for using CSS.
- Configuration parameters for string placed in <HEAD></HEAD>
section (suitable for placing <STYLE> tags).
<P><A HREF="http://www.web2ldap.de/">web2ldap 0.6.6</A> -
web-based LDAP client; several enhancements. (25-Jan-2000)
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Python Language Home Page: http://www.python.org/