What is ceODBC?
ceODBC is a Python extension module that enables access to databases using the ODBC API and conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few additions. I have tested this on Windows against SQL Server, Access, dBASE and Oracle and others have reported success on more obscure drivers. On Linux I have tested this against PostgreSQL and MySQL.
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for Python 3.x and Unicode.
2) Added support for 64-bit Python installations.
3) Added test suites for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
4) Added support for cursor nextset().
5) Added support for cursor execdirect() which calls SQLExecDirect() instead of SQLExecute() which can be necessary in order to work around bugs in various ODBC drivers.
6) Added support for creating variables and for specifying input and output converters as in cx_Oracle.
7) Added support for deferred type assignment for cursor executemany() as in cx_Oracle.
8) Fixed a number of bugs found by testing against various ODBC drivers.