I'm happy to announce the release of six 1.2.0. Six is a Python 2 and 3 compatibility library. It provides utility functions for smoothing over the differences between the Python versions with the goal of writing Python code that is compatible on both Python 2.x and 3.x. It supports Python 2.4-3.3.
Six can be downloaded on PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/six
See the code and report bugs on BitBucket: http://bitbucket.org/gutworth/six
The complete changelog in this release is:
- Issue #13: Make iterkeys/itervalues/iteritems return iterators on Python 3 instead of iterables.
- Issue #11: Fix maxsize support on Jython.
- Add six.next() as an alias for six.advance_iterator().
- Use the builtin next() function for advance_iterator() where is available (2.6+), not just Python 3.
- Add the Iterator class for writing portable iterators.