EuroPython 2021: Financial Aid Applications Open
We are happy to announce the start of our financial aid program for this year’s EuroPython.
* EuroPython 2021 Financial Aid *
As part of our commitment to the Python community and to increase our reach to lower income countries, we will provide financial aid for people in need to enable them to attend EuroPython 2021.
Financial Aid Sponsor for EuroPython 2021: The EuroPython Society (EPS) is sponsoring EUR 10,000 worth of financial aid this year.
We offer financial aid in the following two ways:
- Discounted ticket. Get a standard conference ticket for the conference with a very affordable price.
- Free ticket. For exceptional cases, we offer the standard conference ticket for free.
Conference tickets include access to conference days (Wed-Fri), sponsored workshops, Beginners’ Day workshop and sprints.
Please note: Access to our regular training sessions and workshops is not included in the conference ticket.
Grant Eligibility -----------------
EuroPython is a wonderful place to meet and share your experience with Python developers from Europe and all around the world. Our goal is to support people who want to help improve the Python community: conference speakers, active developers from smaller Python communities and open source contributors.
Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid. We take into account the following criteria during the selection process:
- Contributors: Potential speakers/trainers of EuroPython (those who have submitted a proposal), volunteers and other contributors to EuroPython and/or Python community projects.
- Economic factors: We want everybody to have a chance to join EuroPython, regardless of economic situation or income level.
- Country based: As EuroPython 2021 will be run online and there may be participants joining outside of Europe, we understand not all countries have the same income levels and cost of living.
- Diversity: We aim to be the most diverse and inclusive event possible.
How to apply ------------
Please see our financial aid page for details on how to apply:
Quick Summary ------------- EuroPython 2021 will be run online from July 26 - August 1:
- Two workshop/training days (July 26 - 27) - Three conference days (July 28 - 30) - Two sprint days (July 31 - August 1)
The sessions will be scheduled to ensure they are also accessible for those in the Asian and Americas time zones.
Help spread the word --------------------
Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social networks as widely as possible. Thank you !
Link to the blog post:
Enjoy, -- EuroPython 2021 Team https://www.europython-society.org/