PyDev 6.0.0 Release Highlights
Important PyDev now requires Java 8 and Eclipse 4.6 (Neon) onwards.
- PyDev 5.2.0 is the last release supporting Eclipse 4.5 (Mars).
The list of packages installed in the interpreter is shown in the
IDE (supports either pip or conda).
- It's now possible to install/uninstall packages using either pip
or conda directly from the IDE.
- Provides a way to load variables if interpreter is from a conda
environment (Load conda env vars before run configuration).
- A default string substitution variable named PY is now created
with the major and minor version of the created interpreter.
- It's now possible to configure a project to always use a grammar
compatible with the interpreter version (default for new projects
Subword navigation is now available (and enabled by default -- can
be customized at PyDev > Editor).
- Changed default config for minimap (smaller and not showing
elements -- can be customized at PyDev > Editor > Overview Ruler
- Code completion no longer active in comments in last line of
Fix find_module signature (patch by James Blackburn).
- Fix qt_loader to support PEP 302 correctly.
- Fix in matplotlib_options from ipython (#PyDev-779).
- When show all uppercase references is used as a filter, only digits
filtered out in variables view (#PyDev-794).
Added setting to search PyLint installed in interpreter
It's possible to edit a run configuration from dialog to select tests
to run (Ctrl+F9) (patch by Robert Gomulka).
- Test(s) name is shown in the run configuration (patch by *Robert
The modules that are known to be third party or system modules in the
PyDev configuration are passed to isort.
- Proper support for isort:skip and isort:skip_file.
- Internal isort caches properly being cleared between invocations
(fix for case
where changes to config were not reflected in isort).
- Fix to properly interrupt infinite loop in the Interactive Console (
- Fix issue where user could do a drag n drop in system libs which
could put an entry below another entry, which actually removed
it from the
- Fix where runfile was not available on interactive debugger when
python-future is installed (#PyDev-845).
- Fix NullPointerException on code-completion.
- mutagen added to forced builtins by default (#PyDev-819).
What is PyDev?
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
What is LiClipse?
LiClipse is a PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Multiple
cursors, theming, TextMate bundles and a number of other languages such as
It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development
Details on LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com/
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler