I've recently released version 0.3.2 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers, distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to be usable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Fixed #139: improved handling of errors related to the test PyPI server.
* Fixed #140: allowed "Obsoletes" in more scenarios, to better handle faulty metadata already on PyPI.
* Fixed #141: removed unused regular expression.
* Fixed #143: removed normcase() to avoid some problems on Windows.
* Fixed #146: added entry for SourcelessFileLoader to the finder registry.
* Fixed #147: permission bits are now preserved on POSIX when installing from a wheel.
* Made the generation of scripts more configurable.
* Added support for manylinux wheel tags.
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for improvements, please give some feedback using the issue tracker!