I'm glad to announce the release of psutil 5.6.2:
psutil (process and system utilities) is a cross-platform library for
retrieving information on running processes and system utilization
(CPU, memory, disks, network) in Python. It is useful mainly for
system monitoring, profiling and limiting process resources and
management of running processes. It implements many functionalities
offered by command line tools such as: ps, top, lsof, netstat,
ifconfig, who, df, kill, free, nice, ionice, iostat, iotop, uptime,
pidof, tty, taskset, pmap. It currently supports Linux, Windows,
macOS, Sun Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and AIX, both 32-bit and
64-bit architectures. Supported Python versions are 2.6, 2.7 and
3.4+. PyPy is also known to work.
- #604: [UNIX, Windows] add new psutil.getloadavg() returning system load
- #1404: [Linux] cpu_count(logical=False) uses a second method (read from
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu[0-9]/topology/core_id) in order to determine
the number of physical CPUs in case /proc/cpuinfo does not provide this info.
- #1458: provide coloured test output. Also show failures on KeyboardInterrupt.
- #1464: various docfixes (always point to python3 doc, fix links, etc.).
- #1473: [Windows] process IO priority (ionice()) values are now exposed as 4
new constants: IOPRIO_VERYLOW, IOPRIO_LOW, IOPRIO_NORMAL, IOPRIO_HIGH.
Also it was not possible to set high I/O priority (not it is).
- #1478: add make command to re-run tests failed on last run.
average calculation. (patch by Ammar Askar)
- #1223: [Windows] boot_time() may return value on Windows XP.
- #1456: [Linux] cpu_freq() returns None instead of 0.0 when min/max not
available (patch by Alex Manuskin)
- #1462: [Linux] (tests) make tests invariant to LANG setting (patch by
- #1463: cpu_distribution.py script was broken.
- #1470: [Linux] disk_partitions(): fix corner case when /etc/mtab doesn't
exist. (patch by Cedric Lamoriniere)
- #1471: [SunOS] Process name() and cmdline() can return SystemError. (patch
by Daniel Beer)
- #1472: [Linux] cpu_freq() does not return all CPUs on Rasbperry pi 3.
- #1474: fix formatting of psutil.tests() which mimicks 'ps aux' output.
- #1475: [Windows] OSError.winerror attribute wasn't properly checked resuling
in WindowsError being raised instead of AccessDenied.
- #1477: [Windows] wrong or absent error handling for private NTSTATUS Windows
APIs. Different process methods were affected by this.
- #1480: [Windows] psutil.cpu_count(logical=False) could cause a crash due to
fixed read violation. (patch by Samer Masterson)
- #1486: [AIX, SunOS] AttributeError when interacting with Process methods
involved into oneshot() context.
- #1491: [SunOS] net_if_addrs(): free() ifap struct on error. (patch by
- #1493: [Linux] cpu_freq(): handle the case where
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ exists but is empty.
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com