Pydev and Pydev Extensions 1.3.9 have been released
Details on Pydev Extensions: http://www.fabioz.com/pydev
Details on Pydev: http://pydev.sf.net
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
Release Highlights in Pydev Extensions:
- Code-analysis: detects bad indentation (wrong number of indent chars).
- Code-analysis: Class may be marked with '@DynamicAttrs' so that the
code-analysis doesn't give undefined variable errors. See
- Mark-Occurrences: Fix: a class that had a call would not be recognized
- Rename Refactoring: Fix: when different heuristics yielded the same result
the text could become garbled.
Release Highlights in Pydev:
- Fixed problem when configuring jython
- Patch from paulj: debbugger working with jython 2.2rc2
- Patch from Oskar Heck: debbugger can change globals
- Added action to delete all .pyc / $py.class files
- Added actions to add/remove the pydev configuration from a project
(previously, the only way to add a nature was to open a python file within a
- Ctrl+Shift+O: When used with a selection will consider lines ending with \
(without selection organizes imports)
- Auto-add "import" string will not be added when adding a space in the
case: from xxximport (just after from xxx)
- Templates created with tabs (or spaces indent) are now converted to the
indent being used in the editor
- Hide non-pydev projects filter working
- Don't show assignments/imports after if __name__ == '__main__': in outline
- Code-completion: after a completion is requested, pressing '.' will apply
that completion (and if it has parameters, they'll not be added).
- Code-completion: when a code-completion is applied with Ctrl pressed
(toggle mode), parameters are not added.
- Assign to local variable/attribute handles constants correctly.
- psyco changed for Null object for debug (so, no changes are required to
the code if psyco is used while debugging).
- Code-folding annotations won't change places.
- Pydev package explorer will correctly show outline for files if the
project root is set as a source folder.
- Pydev package explorer: folders under the pythonpath have a package icon.
- Unittest runner: handles multiple selection.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python and Jython
development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE -- It comes with many
goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax analysis,
refactor, debug and many others.
ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software
Pydev - Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse