_ _ //\ ___ (_)_ __ //\ ___ (_)_ __ / \ / _ | | '_ \ / \ / _ | | '_ \ __ / //\ \ (_) | | | | / //\ \ (_) | | | | | /| |_ / /___/|_|_| |_/ /___/|_|_| |_| |.__)
=============================================== MoinMoin 1.5.5a advanced wiki engine released ===============================================
MoinMoin is an easy to use, full-featured and extensible wiki software package written in Python. It can fulfill a wide range of roles, such as a personal notes organizer deployed on a laptop or home web server, a company knowledge base deployed on an intranet, or an Internet server open to individuals sharing the same interests, goals or projects.
A wiki is a collaborative hypertext environment with an emphasis on easy manipulation of information.
MoinMoin 1.5.5a is a bug fix release and a recommended update. The 1.5 branch brings you several new features such as the GUI editor, which allows the users to edit pages in a WYSIWYG environment, and many bug fixes. The download page: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload In the release 1.5.5, there was a small bug related to saving pages. Please use 1.5.5a because of that.
New features in 1.5.5a ======================
* Disabling surge protection is possible now * More efficient IO code on Posix platforms (increases speed)
Major bug fixes in 1.5.5a =========================
* Various GUI editor related bugs * Workaround for the Python bug that generates =XX garbage in sent mails * Relative links in ReStructured Text documents are rendered correctly now again (thanks to Stefan Merten) * Worked around an issue that was related to a bug in Internet Explorer (opening attachments was not possible anymore) * Fixed XMLRPC support for FastCGI (thanks to Johannes Berg)
For a more detailed list of changes, see the CHANGES file in the distribution or http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.5/CHANGES
Major new features in 1.5 =========================
* The WYSIWYG editor for wiki pages allows you to edit pages without touching the markup. Furthermore, the wiki page is not stored as HTML after editing but kept as wiki markup in order to simplify the editing process for users that cannot or do not want to use the new editor.
* AutoAdmin security policy allows users to gain admin permissions on particular pages.
* The new authentication system allows to add short methods that check the credentials of the user. This allowed us to add eGroupware single sign on support.
* Separation of homepages into a separate wiki (in a farm) and having a single user database is supported.
* A DeSpam action to allow mass-reverting of spam attacks.
* PackageInstaller support for simplified installation of plugins, themes and page bundles. This enables you to decide in which languages help pages should be installed.
Note that Python 2.3.0 or newer is required.
MoinMoin History ================
MoinMoin has been around since year 2000. The codebase was initally started by Jrgen Hermann; it is currently being developed by a growing team. Being originally based on PikiPiki, it has evolved heavily since then (PikiPiki and MoinMoin 0.1 consisted of just one file!). Many large enterprises have been using MoinMoin as a key tool of their intranet, some even use it for their public web page. A large number of Open Source projects use MoinMoin for communication and documentation. Of course there are also many private installations.
More Information ================
* Project site: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/ * Feature list: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinFeatures * Download: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload * DesktopEdition: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition * This software is available under the GNU General Public License v2. * Changes: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.5/CHANGES * Known bugs: * http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/KnownIssues * http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs
sent by Alexander Schremmer for the MoinMoin team