What is cx_Freeze?
cx_Freeze is a set of scripts and modules for freezing Python scripts into executables, in much the same way that py2exe and py2app do. Unlike these two tools, cx_Freeze is cross platform and should work on any platform that Python itself works on. It supports Python 2.3 or higher, including Python 3.
Where do I get it?
The release notes can be read here as well:
1) Added support for the final release of Python 3.3.
2) Added support for copying the MSVC runtime DLLs and manifest if desired by using the --include-msvcr switch. Thanks to Almar Klein for the initial p atch.
3) Clarified the documentation on the --replace-paths option. Thanks to Thomas Kluyver for the patch.
1) Producing a Mac distribution failed with a variable reference.
2) Freezing a script using PyQt on a Mac failed with a type error.
3) Version number reported was incorrect. (Issue #7)
4) Correct paths during installation on Windows. (Issue #11)