I've just released version 0.2.2 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,
distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to be
usable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
- Fixed issue #81: Added support for detecting distributions installed by
wheel versions >= 0.23 (which use metadata.json rather than pydist.json).
- Updated default PyPI URL to https://pypi.python.org/pypi
- Updated to use different formatting for description field for V1.1
- Corrected “classifier” to “classifiers” in the mapping for V1.0 metadata.
- Improved support for Jython when quoting executables in output scripts.
- Fixed issue #77: Made the internal URL used for extended metadata fetches
configurable via a module attribute.
- Fixed issue #78: Improved entry point parsing to handle leading spaces in
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for
improvements, please give some feedback using the issue tracker!