Quixote 2.0a1 is now available for download from: http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/
Note that this release should be considered alpha quality. We have a lot more changes planned before we reach version 2.0. The main purpose of this release is to give people who are interested in Unicode support something to play with. Also note that this version requires Python >= 2.3.
Changes in Quixote 2.0a1 ------------------------
* Add support for unicode. The HTTPResponse object now has a set_charset() method. Also, the htmltext and TemplateIO types can contain unicode strings.
* Add support to HTTPRequest for multipart/form-data type requests. Enhance MIME parsing so that it doesn't read huge lines into memory. Also implement parsing of application/x-www-form-urlencoded data rather than using the standard cgi.py module. Remove UPLOAD_DIR and UPLOAD_DIR_MODE config options. Uploaded files are now created using the tempfile module.
* Use bool objects where appropriate. Prefer using builtin types over using the 'types' module.
* Rewrite http_request.parse_cookie() and rename it to parse_cookies(). When generating cookies, escape quote characters that appear in cookie values.
* Remove the DEBUG_LOG configuration option. Debugging output now always goes to the error log.
* Remove HTTPRequest.dump_html() method and add dump_request to 'util' module. Remove obsolete functions from 'html' module (html_quote(), value_quote(), link() and render_tag()).
* Remove form1 library and rename form2 to form.