On 12/5/2010 8:49 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
Personally, I'd still like to defer beta1 until after the Mercurial switch (or alternatively, do the final 3.2 release from subversion as Raymond suggested).
What would these proposed delayings / deferments achieve?
They will prevent the mess from happening that would happen if we switch to Mercurial in the middle of release candidates. I expect the initial release using Mercurial to just not work, plus I plan to need several days to make the release. Doing so under the time pressure of a release candidate is not something I look forward to.
Let's not *ask* for trouble.