if the buffer/array-related blockers are resolved in time, the rc1 will be released one week from now.
Since some people asked: at the moment we are not in the RC phase yet, so fixing bugs is allowed, but it would be advisable to have a second committer review any nontrivial fix.
From the release of rc1, I will keep the code that will become 3.3 in a separate repo, so that commits to "default" on cpython *won't* go into 3.3. You will have to notify me of all commits that you think *should* go there, so that I can cherry-pick them. Not all bugfixes fall into that category; only showstopper-level ones. The rest will have to wait for 3.3.1.