On Jan 29, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
So my "pronouncement" here is: if reviewed properly, the patch will go in 3.2rc2. If this needs a few more days, so be it. And should the testing after 3.2rc2 reveal deficiencies, we will fix them and put in another rc.
I completely agree. We have precedence for delaying final releases to fix known issues with existing fixes. If we had an established release cadence the it would be a different matter, but as it is, we release when it's ready. If I were RM, I'd make the same decision.