Since there are no concrete PEPs, I don't know where I should post my comments. I decided to send them here :-)
For the new council/board idea (group of 3 or 5 peoples):
least, require that no all of them work for the same company. I would mean that a member of this council would have to nominate someone else if they decide to move to a different company which already has ("too many") council members.
council. What do you think of this idea? Honestly, I have no opinion yet, since I don't think this idea has been discussed enough yet. I would expect that only core developers could join the council and right now, there are 4 women core developers: Mariatta, Carol, Emily, Lisa.
By the way, what's the process if someone wants to leave this council? Does they have to nominate someone? Or should we organize a new vote open to new candidates? I'm not sure that we decided how long members should stay in the council. I like the idea of a fixed duration. Or maybe align it to a release. For example, usually a development cycle takes 18 months. Maybe it's a good fit? A full release cycle allows to implement some ideas. Obviously, some ideas require multiple cycles, so maybe some candidates would like to reapply for the next cycle to continue their projects?
Victor Le mar. 25 sept. 2018 à 09:40, Victor Stinner firstname.lastname@example.org a écrit :
I wanted to read these 4 PEPs:
Le lun. 24 sept. 2018 à 20:32, Mariatta Wijaya email@example.com a écrit :
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8001 Python Governance Voting Process
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8010 The BDFL Governance Model
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8011 The Council Governance Model (I'm claiming this PEP)
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8012 The Community Governance Model
All of them are empty.
- Is everyone still ok with the Oct 1 as deadline for coming up with governance PEPs?
It doesn't make sense to me:
- Nothing explains how we take a decision: PEP 8001 is empty
- Governance PEPs are empty: how are we supposed to take a decision on
an empty PEP?
- How do we discuss these PEPs?
I suggest to use emails as we did previously, but only on python-committers. If someone wants to change that, I suggest to wait after the new governance is decided.