On Jan 29, 2011, at 7:56 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Jan 29, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
So my "pronouncement" here is: if reviewed properly, the patch will go in 3.2rc2. If this needs a few more days, so be it. And should the testing after 3.2rc2 reveal deficiencies, we will fix them and put in another rc.
I completely agree. We have precedence for delaying final releases to fix known issues with existing fixes. If we had an established release cadence the it would be a different matter, but as it is, we release when it's ready. If I were RM, I'd make the same decision.
The current RM and a former RM have spoken.
Please give them your support instead of second-guessing them.
P.S. Even though it's late in the release cycle, I think we should be thrilled at the quality and intensity of efforts to fixup mailbox and the OS X issues. If these guys (Ned, Ronald, David, Steffen, Antoine, and Victor) had not poured in effort, these issues may have lingered for long time.