On 27 Feb 2013, at 18:50, Antoine Pitrou firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:51:16 +0000 Michael Foord email@example.com wrote:
PyCon, and the Python Language Summit, is nearly upon us. We have a good number of people confirmed to attend. If you are intending to come to the language summit but haven't let me know please do so.
The agenda of topics for discussion so far includes the following:
- A report on pypy status - Maciej and Armin
- Jython and IronPython status reports - Dino / Frank
- Packaging (Doug Hellmann and Monty Taylor at least)
- Cleaning up interpreter initialisation (both in hopes of finding areas
to rationalise and hence speed things up, as well as making things more embedding friendly). Nick Coghlan
- Adding new async capabilities to the standard library (Guido)
- cffi and the standard library - Maciej
- flufl.enum and the standard library - Barry Warsaw
- The argument clinic - Larry Hastings
If you have other items you'd like to discuss please let me know and I can add them to the agenda.
Perhaps someone wants to discuss http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0428/, but I won't be there and the PEP isn't terribly up-to-date either :-)
If you can find someone familiar with pathlib to champion the discussion it is more likely to happen and be productive... Getting the PEP up to date before the summit will also help. (I very much like the *idea* of pathlib and the bits I've seen / read through - but I haven't used it in anger yet so I don't feel qualified to champion it myself.)
Python-Dev mailing list Python-Dev@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/fuzzyman%40voidspace.org.u...
May you do good and not evil May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others May you share freely, never taking more than you give. -- the sqlite blessing http://www.sqlite.org/different.html