j: Next unread message
k: Previous unread message
j a: Jump to all threads
j l: Jump to MailingList overview
Oren Tirosh wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:26:01PM -0500, Neal Norwitz wrote:
Oren Tirosh wrote: >
Problem: Python name lookup in dictionaries is relatively slow.
I tried this patch (*) by running the regression tests:
make && time ./python -E -tt Lib/test/regrtest.py
All the expected tests passed and there were no failures, this is good. The bad news is that it was slower. It took 42 user seconds longer with the patch than without.
I have tried this and got the same results for the patched and unpatched versions (+-1 second). The regression tests spend most of their time on things like threads, sockets, signals, etc that have a lot of variance and are not really affected by name lookup speed.
I rebuilt everything from scratch and got results similar to Oren's, ie, roughly the same. This time I took off the test-coverage flags. (Sorry, I must have had them off for stock, but on with the Oren's patch).
real 2m57.416s user 1m12.830s sys 0m2.580s
real 2m56.017s user 1m14.960s sys 0m2.380s
I still have inlines turned off.