Guido van Rossum email@example.com writes:
I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday. Maybe at the end of next week, that would be Friday April 25. If anyone has something that needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!
From: Thomas Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
I would still like to work on http://www.python.org/sf/595026 support for masks in getargs.c.
Jack requested that this change should be implement shortly after the release of 2.3a2, but this is too late now as it seems ;-)
What to do?
Do it ASAP.
Implement it now and commit it after 2.3b1 is released, or delay this until 2.3 final is released. I have to admit that I'm sure I can implement it for 32-bit Windows, but it would have to be tested (and maybe completed) on other, especially 64-bit platforms as well.
If you can get something rough into 2.3b1, it can be improved while 2.3b2 is cooking.
And it introduces incompatibilities.
What kind? I thought it would be a new format code?
BTW: Since you want to release a beta version, what's the state of the FutureWarning about hex/oct constants: will this stay the way it is?
Probably, unless you hve a better idea. :-(
--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/%7Eguido/)