I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday. Maybe at the end of next week, that would be Friday April 25. If anyone has something that needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!
I have a couple of small patches and bugs to review. Should be no problem getting these in this weekend.
Am working on a more cache friendly dict lookup strategy. If it is not ready for prime time in the next few days, it will have to wait for Py2.4.
A couple of bytecode optimizations may also have to wait for Py2.4. For some reason, Basicblock(nop, jump_if_true) is not always directly substitutable for Basicblock(unary_not, jump_if_false). I suspect the three-way return value for PyObject_IsTrue() but it could be something else.