Patches sent to python-dev are typically ignored. Could you open an issue on bugs.python.org and upload it there?
On Mon Jun 02 2014 at 2:20:43 PM, Michael Haubenwallner < email@example.com> wrote:
following up myself with a patch proposal:
On 05/28/2014 04:51 PM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
Stumbling over problems on AIX (Modules/python.exp not found) building
libxml2 as python module
let me wonder about the intended use-cases for 'python-config' and
FWIW, I can see these distinct use cases here, and I'm kindly asking if
I got them right:
- Build an application containing a python interpreter (like python$EXE
- link against libpython.so
- re-export symbols from libpython.so for python-modules
- This is similar to build against any other library, thus
= 'python.pc' is installed (for 'pkg-config python').
- Build a python-module (like build/lib.<platform>-<pyver>/*.so):
- no need to link against libpython.so, instead
- expect symbols from libpython.so to be available at runtime,
platform-specific either as
- undefined symbols at build-time (Linux, others), or
- a list of symbols to import from "the main executable" (AIX)
- This is specific to python-modules, thus
= 'python-config' is installed.
Based on these use-cases, I'm on a trip towards a patch improving AIX support here, where the attached one is a draft against python-tip (next step is to have python-config not print $LIBS, but $LINKFORMODULE only).
Thank you! /haubi/
Python-Dev mailing list Python-Dev@python.org https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev Unsubscribe: https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/ brett%40python.org