On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 14:39, Inada Naoki firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
We have many ways to deprecation:
- Document only deprecation (no warning) -- no actual removal is planned.
- FutureWarning -- to warn end users.
- DeprecationWarning -- to warn Python developers.
- PendingDeprecationWarning -- to warn Python developers.
The key difference between the last two:
* DeprecationWarning: the decision has already been made, you have little chance of getting the deprecation reversed * PendingDeprecationWarning: full deprecation is being considered, now is the time to get in touch if you'd like to avoid full deprecation
Hence the last one only showing up to those folks that are running automated tests or otherwise enabling all warnings.