When I do a google search the version numbers are mismatched with the
linked page (or redirected).
For example search for "python counter" I get the following results. (see
It seems like the website is redirecting incorrectly.
- collections - Python 3.3.3
- links to http://docs.python.org/library/collections.html
- redirects to http://docs.python.org/2/library/collections.html
- Which is python 2.7.6
- itertools - Python 3.3.3
- links to http://docs.python.org/library/itertools.html
- redirects to http://docs.python.org/2/library/itertools.html
- Which is again 2.7.6
- 8.3. collections — Container datatypes - Python 3.3.3
- This one seems correct, 3.40b2
- links to http://docs.python.org/dev/library/collections
The link to addresses are not really true, they look more like: