On Feb 27, 2013, at 11:51 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
PyCon, and the Python Language Summit, is nearly upon us. We have a good number of people confirmed to attend. If you are intending to come to the language summit but haven't let me know please do so.
The agenda of topics for discussion so far includes the following:
- A report on pypy status - Maciej and Armin
- Jython and IronPython status reports - Dino / Frank
- Packaging (Doug Hellmann and Monty Taylor at least)
Since the time I suggested we add packaging to the agenda, Nick has set up a separate summit meeting for Friday evening. I don't know if it makes sense to leave this on the agenda for Wednesday or not.
Nick, what do you think?
- Cleaning up interpreter initialisation (both in hopes of finding areas
to rationalise and hence speed things up, as well as making things more embedding friendly). Nick Coghlan
- Adding new async capabilities to the standard library (Guido)
- cffi and the standard library - Maciej
- flufl.enum and the standard library - Barry Warsaw
- The argument clinic - Larry Hastings
If you have other items you'd like to discuss please let me know and I can add them to the agenda.
All the best,
May you do good and not evil May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others May you share freely, never taking more than you give. -- the sqlite blessing http://www.sqlite.org/different.html
Python-Dev mailing list Python-Dev@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/doug.hellmann%40gmail.com