On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:53:07 +1000 Nick Coghlan firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 14:39, Inada Naoki email@example.com wrote:
We have many ways to deprecation:
- Document only deprecation (no warning) -- no actual removal is planned.
- FutureWarning -- to warn end users.
- DeprecationWarning -- to warn Python developers.
- PendingDeprecationWarning -- to warn Python developers.
The key difference between the last two:
- DeprecationWarning: the decision has already been made, you have
little chance of getting the deprecation reversed
- PendingDeprecationWarning: full deprecation is being considered, now
is the time to get in touch if you'd like to avoid full deprecation
Are people actually aware of this difference? Personally I am (was) not.