On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Barry Warsaw firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
So I had planned to do a bunch of work last night looking at the release blocker issues, but nature intervened. A bunch of severe thunderstorms knock out my 'net access until this morning.
I'll try to find some time during the day to look at the RB issues. Hopefully we can get Guido to look at them too and Pronounce on some of them. Guido please start with:
I've added a comment. Let me know if anything I said is unclear.
My plan is to begin building the betas tonight, at around 9 or 10pm EDT (0100 to 0200 UTC Thursday). If a showstopper comes up before then, I'll email the list. If you think we really aren't ready for beta, then I would still like to get a release out today. In that case, we'll call it alpha and delay the betas.
I'd rather call it beta even if certain things are still known to change in the next release. Beta means we'll have a much easier time pushing back on random other feature change proposals.