On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Benjamin Peterson email@example.com:
As you may have noticed, no 2.7.4 rc has been created yet. Yesterday, the buildbots were all red, and release blocker issues had to be dealt with. Today, I was not as availabIe and people were fixing important-looking crashers. In general, there seems to have been a lot more last-minute scrambling around than usual for a bugfix release.
I'm afraid I'm still going to have to delay longer to see if we can get a few security patches in. It could be next week.
Thanks for the update, Benjamin. Given the recent discussions and events, I would feel even safer if more than a week passed. I don't see how waiting a bit longer is going to hurt anyone. At this point in 2.7's life, stability is perhaps the most important thing.
Perhaps this is the right time to specifically ask all contributors to consider what may be blocking such a release - any bugs you recall seeing that appear important and must be fixed?