On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin@python.org> wrote:
As you may have noticed, no 2.7.4 rc has been created yet. Yesterday,
the buildbots were all red, and release blocker issues had to be dealt
with. Today, I was not as availabIe and people were fixing
important-looking crashers. In general, there seems to have been a lot
more last-minute scrambling around than usual for a bugfix release.

I'm afraid I'm still going to have to delay longer to see if we can
get a few security patches in. It could be next week.

Thanks for the update, Benjamin. Given the recent discussions and events, I would feel even safer if more than a week passed. I don't see how waiting a bit longer is going to hurt anyone. At this point in 2.7's life, stability is perhaps the most important thing.

Perhaps this is the right time to specifically ask all contributors to consider what may be blocking such a release - any bugs you recall seeing that appear important and must be fixed?

Eli