For several reasons, I'm postponing 2.6.6rc1 for one day. Ezio has been doing a lot of great work on the test suite, but there are still a few things to fix. On top of that, bugs.python.org crashed and we're waiting for our hosting company to wake up and reboot it.
We'll try again, same time tomorrow: 2200 UTC. Come join us on #python-dev if you want to watch the circus. :)