On 1/25/07, tomer filiba firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
- int - return self
- float - string in the format "[+-]X.YYYe[+-]EEE"
- complex - two floats
- tuple - tuple of its simplified elements
- list - tuple of its simplified elements
- dict - a tuple of (key, value) tuples
- set - a tuple of its items
- file - raises TypeError("can't be simplified")
the default implementation of __getstate__, in object.__getstate__, will simply return self.__dict__ and any self.__slots__
How will e.g. classes be simplified? Can I simplify a dictionary with function objects for values?