Good evening Python for .NET users!
I've a list of great news for you. In the past weeks I've spent some
time in fixing and enhancing PythonNet.
* My branch was merged into the trunk yesterday. Please use the trunk
for future development.
* PythonNet now works with Python 2.4 and 2.5. Python 2.6 compatibility
is already prepared.
* A bunch of small bugs were fixed and some new features implemented.
Generics, overloading and variable parameter function should work better.
* PythonNet also works under Un*x and Mono with UCS 2 and UCS 4 builds
of Python. I've created a clr.so module since the clr.pyd module doesn't
work on non Windows OS. I've also created a python and clrpython binary
for Debian, Ubuntu and other users with a python binary not linked
against libpython2.x.so. Two additional unit tests are currently failing.
* The source repository contains project files for MS Visual Studio and
MonoDevelop. The MS VS files contain a special target which
automatically runs the unit tests in a console window.
* A new one-size-fits-all Makefile makes it much easier to compile
PythonNet for different versions of Python. It automatically detects UCS
2/4 settings and Python version from a Python binary:
$ make PYTHON=/path/to/python
* The clr module provides new features: AddReference,