I am running Python 2.4 along with .NET 2.0 I understand that unless I get the trunk of the code, .NET 2.0 is not supported, but I figured it would be backwards compatible?
Basically, my problem is the same problem in this posting:
I cannot get things to work like the samples on the README on the website. I did, however, try to install in my existing installation of Python, instead of the stand alone. Anyone have the same problems?
Seshagiri Cherukuri seshagiri.cherukuri at gmail.com mailto:pythondotnet%40python.org?Subject=%5BPython.NET%5D%20.net%202.0% 20-%20pythonnet%20v2.4%20does%20not%20recognize%20any%20of%0A%09.net%202 .0%20assemblies&In-Reply-To= Mon Dec 4 21:50:47 CET 2006
* Previous message: [Python.NET] Help please: Convert to Python <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/000564.html
* Next message: [Python.NET] Subset implementation for CompactFramework <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/000566.html
* Messages sorted by: [ date ] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/date.html#5 65 [ thread ] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/thread.html #565 [ subject ] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/subject.htm l#565 [ author ] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythondotnet/2006-December/author.html #565
I have just installed Pythonnet v2.4 and was trying to work with .net 2.0assemblies, it is not able to recognize any of the .net 2.0 assemblies either those in GAC or those not in GAC.
Here are the problems I am seeing ( I am running the standalone pythonnet): 1. The readme files at http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/readme.html mentions that you dont have to use the CLR.System kind of namespace anymore. However if I write something like
from System import String
There is an error which says "No module named System"
2. When using .net 2.0 assemblies, even the CLR.xxx syntax is not working - there is always an error which says "No module named xxx"
3. Not able to use any of the .net stuff - e.g. from CLR.System.Collections.Generic does not work because it is not able to see the module Generic.
Am I doing something wrong? The 2.4 installation was obtained from here ( http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=162464). Do I have to get the latest code instead of these installers to be able to use the .net 2.0 and other features?
Looking forward to your reply.
Sr. Software Engineer
4D Technology Corporation
(520) 294-5600 (ext 234)
The information in this e-mail message is 4D Technology Confidential. The message is intended for the recipient only and not to be distributed beyond this point. If you are receiving this message in error, please notify me by reply e-mail and delete this message from your e-mail system.
the tarballs on pythondotnet's site are for .NET 1, if you want to use it with .NET 2 you should checkout the last svn trunk and patch it with the instruxtions described in this mail http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.dotnet/576 .In that message there is also a link to binary packages provided by Angel Ignacio.
Hi hope soon to set up a wiki dedicated to pythondotnet as there aren't so many examples of using it for things like embedding etc. I'm just looking for a wiki engine which as some effective spam protection. If someone has any hint on a product or a service please drop me a line.